The next Service Community event will be held at Oracle’s Reading Offices on the 24th May 2017.
To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org and their team will register you and send out logistics details nearer the date.
As usual this will be a very informal discussion focused programme aimed to allow you to share ideas over a range of service topics. And a date for your diary! Our autumn event will be held on the 3rd October at a venue to be determined.
The Service Community is run by service professionals for service professionals, there are no commercial sponsors and literally if you are working in a professional capacity in the service sector then this is your community – so if you would like to host a future event or want to suggest some discussion topics, then also contact the team on the above email.
The Agenda for the 24th May event is as follows:
- 12.00 – 13.00: Meet at Oracle Reading Offices for light buffet lunch
- 13.00 Welcome and Introduction – Steve Elsham: Oracle
- 13.15 Shift to the Left: Mark King Service Director UK & Ireland, Pitney Bowes – Mark will share his experiences of how when faced with falling margins, through incorporating a self service model he has been able to increase profitability without reducing customer loyalty
- 14.00 Outsourcing service to 3rd parties – Dave Gibson Veteran Service Director with SUN / Oracle – Dave will share the challenge he faced first at SUN Microsystems and then later at Oracle, in outsourcing Customer Support to 3rd party service providers, while still maintaining excellent service on mission critical activities
- 14.45 Coffee & Networking break
- 15.15 Cloud Adoption in Field Service Management Solutions: Kris Oldland Editor Field Service News – Kris will be reviewing the adoption of Cloud technology by both Suppliers and Clients of Field Service management Solutions, based on a 3 year research programme he recently concluded
- 16.00 Leading Change in After-Sales Support: Ian Cockett Ex Service Director Bosch UK & Cygnet-Texkimp – Shifting from a capital equipment focused business, to one that leads with service support and customer outcomes. The challenges faced and the approaches taken in achieving change.
- 16.45 Open forum & discussion based on the day
- 17.00 Close
We hope to see you there and please spread the word to any of your colleagues who may also find this event of interest – as a non-profit organisation word-of-mouth is incredibly powerful friend for us!