Project Management 101
As a field service leader you will be involved in many projects that require planning, communication and effective execution. In this course we give you a guide to the fundamentals of efficient project management.
No matter what field you work in, project management plays a significant role. From engineering and construction to software development and marketing, new projects demand effective project management.
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of project management, including how to schedule project activities, how to communicate schedules and deadlines effectively, and how to report on the status of projects.
In this course we cover:
- What Is Project Management?
- Choosing the Right Project Framework
- Defining Project Requirements
- Creating a Project Plan
- What Is a Project Schedule?
- Defining Deliverables and Activities
- Estimating Time Accurately
- Choosing Your Communication Methods and Tools
- Putting Together a Communication Plan
- Organizing and Leading Effective Project Meetings
- Writing a Project Status Report
- Controlling Costs Through Budgeting, Tracking, and Reporting
- Closing a Project
As an FSN Service Leadership course you can expect...
In his role as Editor-in-Chief, Kris speaks to senior service leaders, leading industry focused academics and key solution providers every day and distills the insights he gleans from these discussions into the industry-leading content available on Field Service News.
Prior to his career in publishing Kris was a Quality Service Manager for one of the world’s most iconic hospitality brands and has also developed extensive knowledge in sales, marketing and management across an impressive and varied career working across multiple sectors alongside some of the world’s leading organisations.