Workplace Communication Basics
As a field service leader you must become an effective communicator within the workplace. In this course we will provide you with the fundamentals of strong workplace communications which you can apply both to yourself and also use to help your team improve their own communication skills.
What do most great employees have in common? Stellar communication skills. In this course, you’ll learn why having excellent communication skills is so important in the workplace, and how you can improve yours.
In this course we cover:
- Why Communication Matters
- How to Use Verbal, Nonverbal, and Written Communication
- Improving Your Verbal Communication Skills
- Starting a Conversation
- Strategies for Effective Listening
- Asking Closed Versus Open Questions
- Ending a Conversation Positively
- Improving Your Business Writing Skills
- Choosing the Right Medium
- Writing for Your Audience
- How to Structure Your Writing
- How to Improve Your Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation
- How to Edit and Proofread Your Work
As an FSN Service Leadership course you can expect...
In his role as Editor-in-Chief, Kris speaks to senior service leaders, leading industry focused academics and key solution providers every day and distills the insights he gleans from these discussions into the industry-leading content available on Field Service News.
Prior to his career in publishing Kris was a Quality Service Manager for one of the world’s most iconic hospitality brands and has also developed extensive knowledge in sales, marketing and management across an impressive and varied career working across multiple sectors alongside some of the world’s leading organisations.