Interview: Digitalisation, Servitization, and Service Marketing. Ft. Dr. Chris Raddats (2021)
Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief, Field Service News is joined by Dr. Chris Raddats of the University of Liverpool, a seasoned expert with experience from both the industry and academic sides of the aisle centred around servitization, digitalisation and service marketing.
During the discussion, the two talk about a wide range of topics related to Raddat’s sphere of insight including reflecting on the current learnings that are coming from a recent raft of academic literature.
Areas of discussion include:
- Has servitization reached critical mass?
- The need for more robust definitions around servitization
- Just how big is big data for field service operations?
- Why digitalisation further emphasises the importance of Outside-In thinking
- The close relationship between servitization and digitalisation
- Conflict and resolution around data ownership
- Distilling the learning of servitization from recent academic studies
- Echoes across servitization and digitalisation
- Digitalisation and rethinking field service delivery