Research Debrief: The impact of asset data flow beyond the silo of field service operations (part one)
In a changing world of operations and technology, two key topics dominate the discussions within the field service industry.
These are servitization and digital transformation and the importance of asset data lies at the heart of each of these two growing trends. However, as an industry have we even begun to scratch the surface of the true value of asset data?
This is a burning question and a fundamental pillar on which we are building the future of field service yet largely it remains unanswered with clear quantifiable data. To resolve this FSN Research in partnership with ServiceMax have gone further than anyone else in their latest research study to get to the heart of the trends we are seeing in our industry regarding the utilisation and flow of asset data amongst service organisations.
Having published a detailed 20-page benchmarking report available exclusively to Field Service News subscribers Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief and Founder of Field Service News invited ServiceMax’s Coen Jeukens, Sumair Dutta and Mark Wilding to talk through the findings of the report and to reflect on what the clear headline trends revealed mean for the wider field service sector.
The conversation was packed full of insight as the group shared their knowledge from multiple industry touchpoints and many years of experience.
In this first part of that two hours debrief session the topics include:
- The most significant change to service process in the last 18 months.
- The pandemic answered a lot of questions in terms of technology in our industry
- What are the most significant ways in which customer expectations are changing?
- What are the themes that will impact the field service sector in the coming years?
- Our focus should be on effectiveness rather than mere utilisation
- Are we pushing at an open door when it comes to connected field service?
- Is asset data being used effectively by field service organisations?
- Advanced services relies on an organisation having a shared vision of their goals
- Is the answer to using data effectively technology, processes or both?
- The various ways field service companies collect asset data
- Will regulatory pressures drive further adoption of connected field service?
Data usage note: By accessing this content you consent to the contact details submitted when you registered as a subscriber to fieldservicenews.com to be shared with the listed sponsor of this premium content ServiceMax who may contact you for legitimate business reasons to discuss the content of this premium content