Can customer success be defined in a horizontal industry like the field service sector?
We have heard much discussion in our industry around the shift towards more advanced services and servitization…
Similarly, discussions around customer success are widespread in executive rooms of companies of all sizes and from all industries – but are these two topics closely aligned? Is one the off-shoot of the other? Or is customer success merely a more fully fleshed out iteration of customer satisfaction and a separate discipline to servitization entirely?
This was the focus of discussion across a series of Field Service News Think Tank Sessions that were held across a number of months held in partnership with FieldAware GPS Insight and now having published an Executive Briefing report that outlined the key themes and trends from these discussions, Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief, Field Service News is joined by Marc Tatarsky and Steve Mason of FieldAware, GPS Insight to reflect on what these discussions mean for the broader field service sector as well as understanding what lessons we can take from the software industry which adopted the concepts of customer success for many years.
In this hour long-debrief deep dive video the group discusses:
In the full hour long-debrief deep dive video the group discuss:
- Can customer success be defined in a horizontal industry like the field service sector?
- Why customer success as a strategy is a more akin to servitization than CSAT
- How should we approach educating the customer to help drive their success?
- How adopting an Outside-In perspective can foster a strategy for customer success
- Why alignment with the client is a critical aspect of the customer success approach
- The need to understand the challenges of all stakeholders in customer success
- The spectrum of advanced services from customer success to outcome based services
In this excerpt from the full hour-long discussion, the group discusses whether there are challenges around defining customer success in a horizontal field such as the field service sector and the importance of understanding the nuanced challenges our customers face.
Want to know more?
The full length-version of this Think Tank debrief session is currently available to both FSN PRO and FSN FREE subscribers. If you are already a subscriber you can watch the full hour long discussion on the button below now. If you are yet to subscribe the button below will open a pop-up form for FSN FREE that will give you instant access after completing the very brief form.
- Read more about Digital Transformation
- Read more about Service Strategy
- Find out more about FieldAware GPS Insight and how they work with field service companies
- Arrange a demo of FieldAware
- Read more news and features from the FieldAware team
- Access over 20 premium resources on Advanced Service strategies (PRO)
- Explore additional Think Tank Session briefing reports and debrief videos (PRO)
- Take the Field Service News Masterclass ‘The Customer Value Iceberg’ (PRO)
Data usage note:By accessing this content you consent to the contact details submitted when you registered as a subscriber to fieldservicenews.com to be shared with the listed sponsor of this premium content FieldAware GPS Insight who may contact you for legitimate business reasons to discuss the content of this white paper.