The drivers for change beyond the pandemic
The world changed in 2020 beyond all recognition. The pandemic brought with it the most significant global disruption we have seen since the second world war.
Yet, in many ways, the field service sector was fortunate. The tools that we needed to find a way to keep moving forward and keep our customers operational in even these most testing times were already to hand. So the rapid adoption of technologies such as remote service was a relatively easy transition to make in the heat of necessity.
But what happens now as the dust begins to settle and we begin to establish the new normal for our industry?
Do we keep heading down the path of accelerated digital transformation the pandemic has put us on, or do we take a moment to pause and re-evaluate the importance of human to human interactions? Do we understand the value that our customers see in the service we deliver and do we need to reconsider where that value proposition lies now in this post-pandemic world?
Is investing in the tools that can empower our service transformation a necessity now as service providers find them in a sudden race to the top? Is this a world full of threat opportunities or both?
Having hosted Think Tank Sessions in both the EMEA and APAC regions where the topic of Digitalization and Disruption were dominant, we now take a deep dive into those topics as we are joined by Mark Brewer and Karen Desborough, IFS to determine what these trends mean for the field service sector at large.
In this excerpt from the full hour-long debrief session the group reflect on a series of comments made in the Think Tank sessions and discuss some of the prevalent external disruptive factors impacting field service organisations and the multiple different internal drivers for digital transformation.
- Access the Think Tank Executive Briefing Report Digitalization and Disruption (APAC session)
- Access the Think Tank Executive Briefing Report Digitalization and Disruption (EMEA session)
- Read more about Digital Transformation
- Read more about Service Strategy
- Read more news and articles from IFS on Field Service News
- Find out more about the solutions IFS offer to field service companies
- Connect with Mark Brewer on LinkedIn
- Connect with Karen Desborough on LinkedIn
- Access over 10 premium resources from the FSN Think Tanks (PRO)
- Access over 40 premium resources on digital transformation (PRO)
- Access over 50 hours of industry leader interviews and debates (PRO)
Data usage note: By accessing this content you consent to the contact details submitted when you registered as a subscriber to fieldservicenews.com to be shared with the listed sponsor of this premium content IFS who may contact you for legitimate business reasons to discuss the content of this video debrief.