FSN ThinkTank Session: Should Engineers and Technicians Sell?
February 23 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This session is available for FSN Pro+ members only. If you have an FSN Pro+ membership a link will be available to underneath the session description for you to register to the teams meeting and add the event to your calendar.
If you cannot see the link to join please make sure you are logged in. If you are not an FSN Pro+ member then you can find out more about joining by clicking this link
Format: Intimate discussion group of senior service leaders. We set a broad agenda and respect the experience and insight amongst the group to allow the discussion to move in the direction the group sees as most productive.
Duration: One and half hours
Initial points for consideration:
- With an ongoing challenging economic backdrop is it more important than ever that we leverage our field workers as a revenue stream?
- Do we risk destroying the trusted advisor of our engineers if we expect them to sell?
- If we do expect our engineers to sell, what type of incentive schemes work?
- Given the workforce shortage amongst field service organisations is it wise to add additional layers of responsibility to their role?
- Could a layer of revenue generation turn off some field workers? Could it attract others?
- How important is transparency with our customers if we are to allow field engineers to sell?
- From a process and technology perspective what needs to be implemented to allow field service engineers to sell?