FSN ThinkTank Session: Whose Responsibility is it to Train the Service Leaders of Tomorrow?
April 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This session is available for FSN Pro+ members only. If you have an FSN Pro+ membership a link will be available to underneath the session description for you to register to the teams meeting and add the event to your calendar.
If you cannot see the link to join please make sure you are logged in. If you are not an FSN Pro+ member then you can find out more about joining by clicking this link
Format: Intimate discussion group of senior service leaders. We set a broad agenda and respect the experience and insight amongst the group to allow the discussion to move in the direction the group sees as most productive.
Duration: One and half hours
Initial points for consideration:
- The traditional route towards field service management has been to progress from a field role – is this still the case?
- All too often critical management skills are developed on the job – should this change?
- There are limited education options for new service managers – what do we need as an industry?
- Is generic management training applicable to field service management?
- Should we be looking to other areas of business for field service managers?
- Is it possible to carve out time for management training given the mission critical nature of field service operations?
- What should we be looking for in future service leaders?