It is non-negotiable now to waste the data you have
In October 2021 Field Service News hosted the inaugural European Field Service Awards to celebrate the ingenuity and excellence of an industry that had kept the world turning as the pandemic swept across the globe.
In the category of Best Technology Innovation there were a number of excellent entries from across the solution providers within our industry, however, it was OverIT who secured the award for their integration of multiple layers of technology including Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Geographic Information Systems within and their FSM platform natively.
The Italian based company who have become a rising star within the FSM sector in recent years have recently hired Paolo Bergamo as their new CEO, a man with an exceptional track record within B2B technology solutions including building the first ever business app on the Apple App store having been asked to do so by Steve Jobs directly.
As a follow up to their acknowledgment at the European Field Service Awards, Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief, Field Service News spoke with Bergamo to discover more about the way our industry is evolving in terms of the technology we have at our fingertips and how we can leverage it to empower our field service engineers and technicians.
It was an engaging discussion that covered:
- From Silicon Valley to the Po Valley. Is it Italy’s time to shine as a tech hub?
- How field service has always had essential workers long before the pandemic
- How quickly will today’s innovation become tomorrow’s table stakes?
- Why it is now non-negotiable to waste the data you generate.
- Can we consider the era we are now in a true technological golden age?
- Is there still a place for on-premise solutions?
In this excerpt from the full depth discussion the two reflect on how in an age of increasingly advanced service delivery, we simply have to make the most of the data being generated by both our field service engineers and technicians, our customers and our assets to meet the potential of service excellence within our grasp.
Want to know more?
The full discussion with Paolo Bergamo is available exclusively to all FSN subscribers including those on our FSN FREE and FSN PRO subscription tiers. Subscribers can access this on the button below.
If you are yet to subscribe to fieldservicenews.com you join FSN FREE now on the button below or alternatively subscribe to FSN PRO on either our monthly or annual tiers and get access to over 120 premium resources including over 50 hours of interviews in the FSN Digital Symposium.
- Read more about Digital Transformation
- Read more about FSM Technology
- Find out more about OverIT
- Schedule a demo of OverIT’s solutions including FSM, AR and GIS tools
- Connect with Paolo Bergamo on LinkedIn
- Find out more about FSN Live and the European Field Service Awards
- Watch our interview with Alessandro Borzacchi, Rail Cargo on how they adopted Remote Working with OverIT (PRO)
- Watch our video report on Augmented Reality in Field Service (PRO)
- Read the Essential Guide to Remote Service (PRO)
- Access over 20 resources on remote service delivery (PRO)
- Access over 20 resources on selecting and implementing FSM systems (PRO)