IFS, the global cloud enterprise applications company, announced its Q3 2021 year-to-date (YTD) financial results, ending September 30, 2021.
The company saw a 22% growth in software revenue in 2021, with cloud revenue going strong at a 105% increase year on year despite Covid-19 headwinds. Our ability to enable our customers to deliver outstanding Moments of Service™ quarter after quarter has been essential for IFS in achieving sustained growth over the last two years, with a 2020/2021 CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 22% in software revenue and 36% in recurring revenue.
Across industries, companies evolved their business models by leveraging digital technologies and driving innovation into their services, outcomes and/or products in a bid to differentiate and gain competitive advantage in uncertain times. The need for companies to build adaptability in their organizational set up, as well as agility in their responses to shifting customer and consumer demands, became crystal clear.
IFS stayed true to its commitment to accelerate its customers’ time to value, and its unwavering industry focus has continued to deliver solutions that not only meet customers’ needs as they navigate their new business normal, but also enable them to proactively plan and transform for the medium and longer term.
Some key milestones for IFS in 2021 included:
- In February: The company’s rebranding celebrated 30+ years of success brought together under the promise of always delivering great Moments of Service™. The launch itself was acclaimed and secured multiple awards**.
- In March: The launch of IFS Cloud™, a tech rich single cloud product with embedded digital innovation that delivers a clear path to Evergreen and a lower TCO. The product also earnt the company several awards***.
- In April: The launch of IFS’s sustainability strategy and pledge to become carbon neutral by 2025 as well as the appointment of Lewis Pugh as IFS’s sustainability ambassador.
- In June: The acquisition of ITSM and ITOM provider Axios Systems to extend the company’s service offering.
- In July: The acquisition of Customerville, already used by IFS in its Voice of the Customer program, and poised to help IFS customers deliver great Moments of Service™.
- In October: The company announced the winners of its first Change for Good Sustainablity Awards which saw over 35 global companies partake, as well as the launch of IFS Cloud’s latest release including the new sustainability module.
- In November: The launch of IFS assyst 11.4 which brings digitised IT self-service to the entire organisation through a much-simplified enterprise pricing model.
IFS CEO Darren Roos commented: “Four consecutive years of double-digit growth is something the entire organization is hugely proud of, particularly in view of the challenging circumstances we’ve experienced since 2020. He added: “in 2021, our goal to help companies deliver their greatest Moments of Service™ also became a reality through our M&A strategy. We successfully integrated two companies into IFS and, since our acquisiton of Axios systems in June, have increased subscription bookings for IFS assyst by 236 percent compared to the same period in 2020.” Roos continued: “the numbers paint the picture of a strong and healthy business and I am particularly delighted that we are not compromising on any other metrics to achieve this level of sustained growth.”
IFS Chief Financial Officer, Constance Minc, commented: “The 2021 results are very important because they cement IFS’s impressive performance trajectory with another year of double-digit software revenue growth while continuing to expand our margins. Our comittment to lead the industry in customer satisfaction, growth and profitabiltiy is unchanged.”
Throughout the year, IFS has continued to nurture its customer-first culture by strengthening its service organization and its partner ecosystem as well as maintaining an active involvement in the work delivered by the IFS Foundation in Sri Lanka, a nation that is home to over 1,500 IFS employees.
Financial* and Operational Highlights for FY 2021:
- FY2021 software revenue was SEK bn 4,928, an increase of 22 percent versus 2020
- FY2021 recurring revenue was SEK bn 4,061, an increase of 30 percent versus 2020
- FY2021 cloud revenue increased 105% percent versus 2020
- FY2021 net revenue was SEK bn 6,767, an increase of 14 percent versus 2020
*Note: all figures based in Swedish Krona and reported in constant currency.
In line with WorkWave establishing itself as a standalone business at the end of Q2 2021, the performance reported above excludes WorkWave’s contribution to the IFS Group. Performance including WorkWave saw software revenue grow at 32% YTD and the IFS Group reach $984M USD revenue in 2021.
- IFS added 181 new logos across its core industries
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Field Service Management, 2021
- Forrester Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Wave, 2021
- IDC MarketScape for SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Manufacturing EAM Applications 2021
- IDC MarketScape for Manufacturing Field Service Management Applications, 2021
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Manufacturing Service Parts Management Applications 2021
- Constellation ShortList for Field Service Management
- Constellation ShortList for Product-Centric Cloud ERP
Learn more at www.ifs.com/corp/company/financial-results
** IFS branding launch – 5 Hermes Creative Awards – 4 platinum and 1 gold.
*** IFS Cloud – Tech Ascension, Cloud Innovation Award & The SAMMY Technology Award.
- Read more about Digital Transformation @ www.fieldservicenews.com/digital-transformation
- Find out more about IFS @ www.ifs.com/
- Read more about IFS on Field Service News @ https://fieldservicenews.com/ifs
- Learn more about IFS Financial Results @ www.ifs.com/corp/company/financial-results
- Follow IFS on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/ifs
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news for free?
Sign up for our free newsletter by using the form below and we will send you our weekly newsletter that brings together our key weekly content as well as an update every time we publish a new industry resource. If you are a field service management professional the FSN Newsletter is an essential free resource you need. Join over 30K of your peers and sign up on the form below now!