ServiceMax, a leader in asset-centric field service management, announced the release of a new report focused on the impact of digital transformation on customer services teams across the energy, automotive, medical devices, and digital imaging industries.
The report analysed and measured real-world outcomes to illustrate specific ways that digital transformation has impacted service businesses. Standout data points include:
● Schneider Electric saw over €65M in additional cross-sell/upsell revenue and an 8% increase in won opportunities.
● Pitney Bowes saved $4.7M through the reduction of inventory.
● Kodak Alaris realised an 80% overall customer renewal rate and consolidated multiple IT systems.
These results illustrate the positive benefits of digitization for service organizations, including:
● Driving revenue growth across existing customers and building new revenue streams.
● Mitigating the costs associated with service.
● Dramatically improving the customer experience and customer retention.
● Improving the performance of assets and increasing an asset’s overall lifetime value.
“Service organisations have long embraced digital transformation to better support their service teams and technicians, simplify how contracts are managed, and gain better access to service and asset data through expanded mobile functionalities,” said Sumair Dutta, VP of product marketing at ServiceMax. “This new report is illuminating in that it provides conclusive evidence that the benefits of digitization extend beyond efficiency and productivity for the service department. A digital strategy can unlock new revenue opportunities and engagement models while delivering value for R&D, operations, sales, finance, executive, and marketing leadership teams. Better still, companies do not have to complete their digital strategies to experience positive outcomes—they routinely experience value with each step.”
Among service organizations, the most frequently cited reason for implementing a digital strategy was to drive additional revenue. In a macro-environment characterised by increasing global competition, disruptive new technologies, executive pressure to improve margins, and the need to differentiate products and services, service leaders have been searching for innovative ways to generate revenue. Companies like Schneider Electric that have been successful in their digital strategies have seen increases to upsell and cross sell opportunities, first-time fix rates, won opportunities, and overall service revenue.
For more information on how service organizations can maximise their efficiency and profits, download the complete report here.
- Read more about ServiceMax on Field Service News
- Read more about Digital Transformation on Field Service News
- Find out more about ServiceMax
- Learn Read the full report ‘The Impact of Digital Transformation on Service Organizations’
- Follow ServiceMax on Twitter
- Follow ServiceMax on LinkedIn
- Access over 60 resources on Digital Transformation (PRO)
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news for free?
Sign up for our free newsletter by using the form below and we will send you our weekly newsletter that brings together our key weekly content as well as an update every time we publish a new industry resource. If you are a field service management professional the FSN Newsletter is an essential free resource you need. Join over 30K of your peers and sign up on the form below now!