How can we identify future leaders?
As we continue to face an aging workforce crisis within the global field service sector, many companies have turned to military veterans as a reliable pool of talented engineers…
This makes sense on a number of levels – in particular, veterans not only have the technical expertise but also have calm heads in the face of crisis, an essential ingredient for field service engineers.
Yet, at the same time, the transition from military service to the world of enterprise is not necessarily always an easy path to tread.
To help us understand better how we can integrate the strong pool of military veterans into our field engineering workforces, Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief, Field Service News, spoke with Capatin William Toti, the author of ‘From CO to CEO’.
Toti brought unparalleled insights into the discussion, which will be invaluable for any field service leader looking to recruit military veterans.
In this excerpt from the full-length, hour-long conversation, the two discuss how we can identify rising stars within our workforce, whether they are veterans or not, to ensure that the future leaders of tomorrow are nurtured rather than overlooked.
Want to know more?
If you are not yet an FSN PRO member, get access to this full-hour-long interview instantly PLUS over 600 hours of content, including over 70 on-demand courses,
for just £45/month
TRAIL OFFER! GET A FULL MONTH ACCESS FOR JUST £9/MONTH!
Hit the button below and use the code TRIAL9 in the Discount Code box at the bottom of the form!
Continue your learning:
More from Cptn William Toti:
- Read: Cptn Toti’s book “From CO to CEO: A Practical Guide for Transitioning from Military to Industry Leadership”
- Listen: Cptn Toti’s book “From CO to CEO: A Practical Guide for Transitioning from Military to Industry Leadership” (Audible version)
- Connect: Captain William Toti on LinkedIn
More from the FSN PRO Library (requires FSN PRO/PRO+):
- Read: Think Tank Sessions: Executive Briefing – Reassessing our approach to Service Delivery
- Read: Research Briefing: The Changing Face of the Field Service Engineer
- Watch Video Report: The Grown-Up Gig Economy and Field Service
- Watch: A Capacity Crisis is Looming. The Blended Workforce Could be the Answer. Ft. Steve Zannos, Electrolux
- Watch: Building a better future for our customers, our employees, and our bottom line. Ft. Sarah Brettle, Ford UK
On-Demand Service Leadership Courses from FSN Education (requires FSN PRO/PRO+):
If you are not yet an FSN PRO member and want to access any of the above premium content including the full-hour-long interview instantly PLUS over 600 hours of content, including over 70 on-demand courses,
for just £45/month