The business case for fixing gender equality
When we consider that, as an industry, we are facing a global workforce shortage, tackling the gender disparity among field service workforces should really be at the top of the agenda…
Yet, despite there being at least some traction in a willingness to discuss this topic, there remains little actual impact. Ultimately, field service remains an incredibly male-dominated environment.
One woman who has not only stood as a shining beacon of how women can be truly successful within engineering careers but is also now actively working with companies to help overcome this issue and bring greater gender parity into the field service sector is Lauren Neil, author, ‘Valued at Work’.
To find out more about how we as an industry can improve, Kris Oldland, Editor-in-Chief of Field Service News, invited her to a conversation in our Digital Symposium – for what was an enlightening and engaging discussion that every field service leader should hear.
In this excerpt from that insightful, hour-long discussion, the two discuss why there is a crystal clear business case to be made for field service organizations to fix the lack of gender equality within the field service sector.
Want to know more?
If you are not yet an FSN PRO member, get access to this full-hour-long interview instantly PLUS over 600 hours of content, including over 70 on-demand courses,
for just £45/month
TRAIL OFFER! GET A FULL MONTH ACCESS FOR JUST £9/MONTH!
Hit the button below and use the code TRIAL9 in the Discount Code box at the bottom of the form!
Continue your learning:
More from Lauren:
- Read: Lauren’s Book “Valued at Work: Shining a light on bias to engage, enable, and retain women in STEM” (Paperback)
- Read: Lauren’s Book “Valued at Work: Shining a light on bias to engage, enable, and retain women in STEM” (Kindle)
- Connect: With Lauren Neal, Author, Valued at Work
More from the FSN PRO Library (requires FSN PRO/PRO+):
- Read: Think Tank Sessions: Executive Briefing – Reassessing our approach to Service Delivery
- Read: Research Briefing: The Changing Face of the Field Service Engineer
- Watch Video Report: The Grown-Up Gig Economy and Field Service
- Watch: A Capacity Crisis is Looming. The Blended Workforce Could be the Answer. Ft. Steve Zannos, Electrolux
- Watch: Building a better future for our customers, our employees, and our bottom line. Ft. Sarah Brettle, Ford UK
On-Demand Service Leadership Courses from FSN Education (requires FSN PRO/PRO+):
If you are not yet an FSN PRO member and want to access any of the above premium content including the full-hour-long interview instantly PLUS over 600 hours of content, including over 70 on-demand courses,
for just £45/month